Saturday, January 28, 2012

Up Close and Personal ...

... with the animals of The Galapagos.

I really didn't believe it, even though I'd seen hundreds of pictures of animals in The Galapagos.  And of course I'd read about their lack of fear towards humans.  But no book or documentary really prepared me for what it would feel like to stand right next to a wild animal and realize they truly were not threatened by my presence.

I had the experience with many, many sea lions, iguanas, tortoises, penguins, turtles, birds ...

Of course one must respect their space and not get right up in their face, but the TRUST they exhibit is extraordinary.   

Besides, we don't have a fancy digital camera with a long lens.  The majority of these pictures were taken while standing right next to the animal. 

These magnificent animals deserve our respect and protection ~






No comments:

Post a Comment